The time to get the health care insurance you need is called Open Enrollment. It takes place on November 1 – December 15, 2020. Miss it, or make the wrong choices, and you could be stuck with no health insurance coverage for all of next year.
We’re here to help. Jerry S. Pearlstein Insurance is the no-fee, personal-benefits help desk for individuals, families and small businesses. We’ve got options and assistance to fit your needs and budget. Information you don’t get online.
Here are the most common questions we get and our tips for this year’s enrollment.
What is Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment is the only time when anyone can sign up for their health care insurance plan for the following year.
When is Open Enrollment?
This year Open Enrollment is Sunday, November 1 – Tuesday, December 15, 2020. Apply during this time and coverage begins January 1, 2021. (If you have a gap, we can help cover that, too.)
Why do I have to sign up only during this period?
It’s a feature of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare, the Exchange, the Marketplace). If you don’t sign up for 2021 by December 15, you will lose your chance for coverage for the entire year, unless you are eligible for Special Enrollment. To qualify for the Special Enrollment period, you must document certain life events, such as:
- Getting married or divorced
- Having a baby or adopting
- Losing health insurance
- Becoming a U.S. Citizen
How do I enroll?
Never do it yourself or online. Buying health insurance in Illinois involves companies, networks, eligibility for assistance paying premiums. Unfortunately online sign-ups – even healthcare.gov- don’t give you all the information to make sure you get the plan that covers your needs and the best price possible. (See more below).
Call us at 847-362-8888 or email email@example.com and we’ll help you through the process. Free.
Tips from Jerry S. Pearlstein Insurance
Don’t do it yourself (DIY) online.
Here’s why buying health insurance online can lead to costly mistakes:
- Chicagoland has limited choices, but the government’s online system doesn’t always match you to the plans your doctor will accept.
- Assistance paying premiums and co-pays is available, but online forms don’t explain what you’re entitled to.
- If things go wrong, you’re all alone dealing with the government.
- We can spot clues to a bad policy that consumers typically miss.
- When ACA can’t work for you, we may find alternative plans that do.
You do not have to navigate these waters solo; we are here to help. See below to get help finding your individualized health insurance plan.
Have an understanding of how to get the most out of the Affordable Care Act.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA or Obamacare) has several important factors and caveats to understand in order to get the most out of it. You have to know what you are entitled to, which insurance companies provide it, and how to get help paying the premiums.
To learn the basics of how to get the most out of ACA, read our tips.
Use our resources.
We can’t stress it enough: don’t do this by yourself. Our advice comes from almost 20 years of experience in this industry.
There are numerous benefits to working with Jerry S. Pearlstein Insurance:
- For nearly 20 years we’ve been a free service that was created to help people get the most out of their coverage.
- We help hundreds of clients during Open Enrollment and whenever they need help throughout the year.
- We offer the expert guidance you need to avoid the risks and costly pitfalls that shopping online or on your own can lead to.
- Our thorough knowledge of the Affordable Care Act has earned us the gov Elite Circle of Champions Award of Excellence three years in a row.
- Jerry S. Pearlstein and Rebecca Bloomfield are a married couple that understand personally the struggles of navigating health insurance. Their story has shaped them to become experts in the process and how to best enroll.
You don’t have to navigate healthcare insurance alone.
To find your most comprehensive individualized health plan, Jerry S. Pearlstein Insurance is a phone call away. To learn more, visit jpearlsteinltd.com or call 847-362-8888.