OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR 2021 ENDS AUGUST 15
What this means for people without health insurance
This is your last chance to get Affordable Care Act (Obamacare, Marketplace, Exchange) health insurance for the rest of 2021 without documentation of a qualifying event. If you wait until August 16th, you’ll have to provide a reason (a Qualifying Event) to prove you should be given Special Enrollment privileges: lost job benefits, got married, got divorced, had a child, adopted, moved from another county, state, country.
What you can lose by missing this deadline
- After August 15th, If you can’t document a qualifying event, the only health insurance options open to you are not Affordable Care Act compliant. They don’t take everyone. You might find yourself declined for coverage and without health insurance until January 1, 2022.
- Only Affordable Care Act plans offer assistance paying premiums and out-of-pocket expenses. If you miss signing up for ACA plans by August 15th, you will miss out on this help for 2021.
How the August 15th deadline affects those getting ARPA COBRA payments
The end of the COBRA payments by the government on September 30 is not a Qualifying Event that makes you eligible for Special Enrollment. You won’t be able to get Affordable Care Act health insurance that begins October 1.
Call us for a free, no obligation discussion of why it might be beneficial to leave COBRA by September 1 to get Affordable Care Act coverage and assistance to the end of the year.
You can also attend our weekly free Zoom call: COBRA & Alternative Health Insurance every Wednesday at 1pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the link.
Why getting your health insurance online is a bad idea.
- Chicagoland has limited choices, but the government’s online system doesn’t always match you to the plans your doctor will accept.
- Assistance paying premiums and co-pays is available, but online forms don’t explain what you’re entitled to.
- If things go wrong, you’re all alone dealing with the government.
Why you should be making a free call to 847-362-8888 now.
- We’re the free individual health insurance experts in Illinois who know how to get you the best benefits at the best price.
- We’re with you through the whole process with up-to-date information and old-fashioned care.
- We’ve won multiple national awards for Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) enrollment.
- If ACA doesn’t work for you, we’ll try to find health insurance that does.
- We’re not one, done and gone. We’re always available, always FREE!”