The Illinois Department of Health Insurance has ordered major medical health insurance providers to cover the following care beginning January 1, 2024.
Make sure the billing department of your health care provider is aware of the mandates and is following requirements like pre-authorization and coding to get you this coverage.
- Annual prostate cancer, cervical cancer and ovarian cancer screening for insureds who are 50+, African-American 40+ and/or 40+ with a family history
- Coverage of home health services for the duration of medically necessary care.
- Medically necessary breast reduction surgery
- Medically necessary treatment of congenital cleft lip and cleft palate defects for children under the age of 19 (including newborns). Does not include cosmetic surgery. Not applicable to “dental only” policies.
- Medically necessary menopause hormone therapy to treat menopause induced by a hysterectomy.